Email Marketing Advantages
Email marketing is popular and highly effective for several reasons:
- Email’s immediacy reduces delays in communication, allowing businesses to run more smoothly.
- An exact return on investment can be tracked (“track to basket”) and has proven to be high when done properly. Email marketing is often reported as second only to search marketing as the most effective online marketing tactic.
- Email Marketing is significantly cheaper and faster than traditional mail, mainly because of high cost and time required in a traditional mail campaign for producing the artwork, printing, addressing and mailing.
- Advertisers can reach substantial numbers of email subscribers who have opted in (i.e., consented) to receive email communications on subjects of interest to them.
- Almost half of American Internet users check or send email on a typical day, with email blasts that are delivered between 1 am and 5 am local time outperforming those sent at other times in open and click rates.
- Email Marketing has increased exponentially year over year for the last several years.
- If compared to standard email, direct email marketing produces higher response rate and higher average order value for e-commerce businesses.